Cannabigerol (CBG) is a kind of cannabinoid extracted from the cannabis plant. It is often referred to as the “mother of all cannabinoids.” This is because many cannabinoids are formed from cannabigerol acid (CBGA), an acidic variant of CBG. Cannabidiol (CBD) and THC are two popular cannabinoids derived from the cannabis plants. CBG is present in lesser amounts in the cannabis plants than other cannabinoids. Only 1% CBG molecule is present in most plant strains, compared to 25% of CBD or 30% THC.
As a result, consumer products created from CBG are uncommon and costly. Cascadia Blooms nurtures organic hemp plants in South Oregon to extract the finest quality of the White CBG strain. Their mission is to cultivate premium quality hemp plants and to educate the world about their products and their various health benefits. All their products are third-party lab tested to know their quality and efficacy.
Preparing of CBG Hemp Flower
CBG is derived from young cannabis plants, which contain greater levels of CBG than fully matured plants. Some cannabis strains, such as White CBG, Jack Frost CBG, and Super Glue CBG, contain more CBG concentration than others. These strains are cultivated to provide increased levels of CBG.
CBGA, an acidic form of CBG, is the starting point for both CBD and THC. This is why CBG concentrations are generally greater in young cannabis plants. CBG concentrations are incredibly low in fully matured plants. This is because the majority of CBG has already been reincarnated as CBD and THC as the plant has evolved.
However, due to the difficulty in acquiring it, Cannabis farmers are experimenting with crossbreeding and heritable manipulation to let the cannabis plants produce more and more CBG.
Benefits of CBG
- An animal study showed that CBG reduced inflammation and nitric oxide production in the body. It also eliminates the production of ROS (reactive oxygen species) in the intestine.
- In an animal study, it was also found that CBG helps in treating glaucoma. CBG helps in maintaining eye pressure and ads nutrition to the eye.
- Huntington’s disease is a neurological disorder in which nerve cells in the brain break down. CBG was revealed to function as a neuroprotectant, preventing damage to brain nerve cells.
- CBG contains antibacterial characteristics. It works against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), a drug-resistant bacterium that causes staph infections.
- CBG showed promise in preventing the development of colorectal cancer cells by blocking the receptors that drive cancer cell proliferation. The use of CBG in the treatment and prevention of colon cancer is still being explored.
CBG is extremely uncommon due to manufacturing issues. It is far more difficult to produce CBG than other cannabinoids, such as THC and CBD. Because CBG and CBD have similar properties, manufacturers would rather create CBD. When CBG is manufactured, the products that result from it are costly. However, CBG has several exciting potential benefits, and much research is being done to make the cannabinoid easier to produce and use. As a result, if you want something that is not as potent as CBD flowers, choose the white CBG flower.